1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Mickey Thompson Baja Belted

Discussion in 'Tires/Wheels' started by duramaximum, Dec 27, 2002.

1. duramaximum

duramaximum
    Expand Collapse

I just got my 2002 Chevy 2500HD 10" fullthrottle lift installed and I wanted to run Mickey Thompson baja belted 36/16.5-16.5 on weld 16.5x14's but they 36/16.5-16.5's aren't listed on the Mickey Thompson website anymore. Am I crazy or was I just imagining this size?

2. White Z

White Z
    Expand Collapse

they make a 36x14.50/16.50 but not any wider for the 36s

3. adealac

adealac
    Expand Collapse

before you buy them talk to whitesport. Hows the duramax holding up? i was looking at one along time ago, but i herd after 100,000 miles they burn oil terribly, are you have any kind of trouble at all? im not being an a$$hole or critical I was jut curious about your motor. And by the way, it sounds like you have an awesome a$$ truck!! Can I see some pics? another thought, PJ makes a 36x14.50...

4. WhiteSport

WhiteSport
    Expand Collapse

hey dude...i have the 36 x 14.5 x 16.5 MT baja belteds......dont go with a 16.5 wide....it will look freaking retarted...seriously...anyways...the tires....they look very very badass...but off-road.....they suck balls.....but if u are running a 10" FT kit on IFS i guess off-road isnt in the equation...i say go with 39 x 14.5 x 16.5...if i was choosing i tire for that set-up and u had to get a MT baja belted :bigthumb:

5. duramaximum

duramaximum
    Expand Collapse

The dmax is holding up fine. No oil burning and still getting 20MPG. I'm not to concerned about offroad since its mostly for show which is why I wanted the wider tires. I really liked the look of the Baja belted. I was only slightly worried about the strain on the balljoints with the width of the tires. I was almost positive I saw a 36" wider that 14.5 only a couple of months ago.

Like these.

http://www.bncoffroad.com/gm/c94.jpg

6. smuff

smuff
    Expand Collapse

If it's mostly for show why not get some huge boggers! There's nothin badder than a big truck with some boggers! IMO.

7. duramaximum

duramaximum
    Expand Collapse

I can't go much taller than a 36 because there are no body lifts for the dmax. Besides I plan on driving alot of on road miles and the baja belted seem to wear well and be reasonably quiet.

8. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

you can easily clear 38s with the setup that you have. look into a 38x14.5 or 15.5

PJ makes a 38x15.5, thats a sweet tire, its also the biggest radial out there.

if you had a body lift you could fit 40s or maybe 42s. and you probably could do a body lift if you wanted to, youd just have to do a custom stuff for the intake and a few other things in the engine compartment

9. WhiteSport

WhiteSport
    Expand Collapse

yes get PJ's.....MT suck a$$ :bigthumb:

10. adealac

adealac
    Expand Collapse

you are right again! thats what i would do!

11. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

damn i guess im on a roll :D:

if it was my truck i wouldnt care about radials and get some 40" ground Hawgs and hit azusa canyon every day :bigthumb:

12. adealac

adealac
    Expand Collapse

damn you have been on a roll the last few days!! i havent disagreed with you once at all, and remember those days along time ago when our opinions sometimes differed...IFS arguements.

13. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

haha i know, maybe you are realizing that IFS is the best :silly:

actually i think its just we both have good taste in the way a truck should look :bigthumb:

14. adealac

adealac
    Expand Collapse

exactly!! we do have similar tasts in vehicles, by the way, i like your silverado. thats a clean truck!

15. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

thanks, that means a lot coming from a guy that has a 4x4 cause most people think its dumb because its not lifted, but whatever, they will like it when the twin turbos get put on :drool: :drool:

16. EvilRam

EvilRam
    Expand Collapse

Hey 98,

Normally I wouldn't be down on a truck like yours, but you've done it nicely. That and you have the Sub, which I really like. My dream is to some day own a shop that does stuff for all vehicles, you'd be an ideal client.

Nice trucks... :bigthumb:

17. 98sub454

98sub454
    Expand Collapse

thanks,

ive got the same dream and hopefully my trucks will be a perfect example of my work

18. adealac

adealac
    Expand Collapse

damn 98sub454, you are having a popular streak laitly, go out and play the lottery and go to the bars!! p.s. if you win the lottery i need some gears, just an idea.

19. TUNIS

TUNIS
    Expand Collapse

why do you want to go with 14" wide wheels??? :-?:

20. duramaximum

duramaximum
    Expand Collapse

I want to go with the wider wheels and tires mostly fo asthetic reasons. This truck won't spend much time off road and nothing to extreme at that. The primary use will be on road commutes and shows.