Locked my keys in my truck.

Discussion in 'The Brothel' started by superhawk2002, Apr 13, 2009.

1. superhawk2002

superhawk2002
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way to pop open the rear window of a 2000 Dodge Ram? I accidentally locked both keys I have for the truck in the truck.

No sliding rear window. I don't want to pay the money to have someone come out and unlock it. How can I break into the truck?

If all else fails, anyone know if the rear glass of the older 2 door ext cab 2nd gens is the same size as the newer style 4 door 2nd gens? I have no problems knocking one window out to put another one in. :D:

2. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

I locked my keys in my 98 dodge the other day and had the door open in under a minute. I was at a house working so luckily I had my tool bag with me. I just took a screwdriver and a 12" 1/4" drive extension and wedged open the top of the driver door. Then I removed the radio antenna and stuck it in the door from the top and hit the lock button.

3. JOMAGNUM

JOMAGNUM
    Expand Collapse

I recentley did the same thing. If you can get a wedge or a folded peice of card board, wedge it between the top of the door and roof of the cab,directly above the door handle. There is alot of flex between this point on the quad cab because of the two doors joining.

Then use a hanger to pull the lock.This worked perfect on my 2001 with manual door locks.

hope it helps.

Joe

4. wickedakota

wickedakota
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: I do used to do this all the time. I pulled the top of the door away as far as I could, used my wallet as a wedge, and hit the lock/unlock botton with the radia antenna.

5. Olbluesilverado

Olbluesilverado
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how it is in Indiana, but usually you can call the police and they will do it free of charge (ask me how I know :roll: ). They will more than likely make you sign a waiver just in case they damage your door.

6. LPD111

LPD111
    Expand Collapse

$50 for a locksmith and turn in the receipt to your insurance company.....then it is free

7. outalne94z71

outalne94z71
    Expand Collapse

take your vin# to a dealer and they can cut you a new key if it has the original locks in it as they have the key codes for your vehicle in the system

you will probably need to bring some proof of ownership as there was a ton of auto theft a couple years ago from people getting dealers to cut them a key

8. JasonB

JasonB
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

wedge in the door is how AAA does it. takes about 5 minutes. i lokced the keys in my running truck on morning while fueling at a Flying J. scary how easy it was for the guy to get it open

9. PunisheR

PunisheR
    Expand Collapse

wedge..

When I locked my keys in my big truck, I ended up jamming a screw-driver into my opening rear window, and poping her open..

I broke the latch, but I replaced the entire back window about a week later with a solid one cause it was leaking.

-Jordan

10. DodgeBoy

DodgeBoy
    Expand Collapse

Call a cop :bigthumb:

Really, I've locked the keys in my truck before and there happen to be a cop near by. He pumped the door open enough to unlock the door.

11. 01RamOffroadster

01RamOffroadster
    Expand Collapse

wedge and antenna... i've had to do it before also

12. MaddogZ71

MaddogZ71
    Expand Collapse

Since when do you have a 2000 dodge ram Supercawk? :D:

13. Spawn_X

Spawn_X
    Expand Collapse

slim jim?

14. ATVburn

ATVburn
    Expand Collapse

the door wedge works great. I have a 102" whip for cb that does wonders. Works on most cars too. lol. I had the cops try to slim jim a co-workers dodge and failed after 25 minutes. I grabbed my antennea and some cardboard and was done before they made it back to their car. lol

15. lilredflatbed

lilredflatbed
    Expand Collapse

Indiana cops arent aloud to do it anymore unless youve got connections lol. I bought a slim set last year that came with all kinds of handy stuff and a book that tells how to unlock just about every vehicle you can think of. Jeff if you need it let me know i sent you a txt but i think you phones off... hope all goes well

16. superhawk2002

superhawk2002
    Expand Collapse

Will get back to you if I can't get it open. I am waiting for the rain to subside a bit and will go out and try the wedge thing.

Thanks for the ideas.

17. LegendKiller89

LegendKiller89
    Expand Collapse

When I locked myself out of my truck, I popped the passenger side extended cab window open. Took my 8' CB whip slid it through the window and hit the lock button on the driver side. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank God for CB antenna's. :flipoff:

18. LPD111

LPD111
    Expand Collapse

Wow, no kidding....is this a new state law :wall:

I do it weekly, but only on vehicle's with manual locks..... :idiot:

19. superhawk2002

superhawk2002
    Expand Collapse

The wedge idea worked great. Used a large screwdriver and a rag, got a slight opening and wedged in some cardboard I had folded up. My truck antenna wouldn't quite reach. I used a ATV flag -- popped the door in 5 minutes. If I had to do it again, I could prob do it in under a minute.

Negatives -- slight scratch on my inner door frame, and I poked through the door weather strip with the flag pole.

Thanks. :bigthumb:

20. lilredflatbed

lilredflatbed
    Expand Collapse

Umm ok. I'm sorry for the wrong info then. Ive been told a few times that but they could've been feeding me {expletive}.

Last summer at county fair i did it so i went to the sheriffs tent and they said call a wrecker to do it they cant anymore....so i paid 65 bucks for it. I did it again this fall-called dispatcher she said they cant. So you may be right idk. That was in two different counties also. :sorry: