1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

I can't start my weed eater

Discussion in 'The Brothel' started by Big Larry, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Big Larry

Big Larry
    Expand Collapse

I have spark,

I have fuel,

I have a can of eather,

But I still have tall weeds along my house.

Its a STIL or STEAL or whatever makes the really nice orange and white chain saws.

Any two stroke tricks I should know?

HAPPY FRIDAY BOYS

also thanks in advance

2. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

Is the kill switch on or off?? :roll: :bigthumb:

3. Big Larry

Big Larry
    Expand Collapse

On. If it was off I would'nt have spark. I turned it off just to make sure and I no longer had spark.

Arn't these little oil burning masterpieces supposed to be simple and dependable?

Also it is a very quality brand. I don't know. I'm on my third happy friday bloody mary. Its a full surving or two of veggies that also gets me drunk. Yea. Wait what. Ohh yea. how do I start my chain saw. Yatzee

4. doodah

doodah
    Expand Collapse

put new gas in it!, trust me, on these things old gas will just not cut it!

5. Big Larry

Big Larry
    Expand Collapse

it was dry, I put new, fresh, gas in her yesterday. Why won't starting fluid do anything?

6. ZacD

ZacD
    Expand Collapse

Try choking it, manually. Take the air filter/foamy deal off (plastic cover included) and stick your thumb/hand over the opening of the carb and give the starter cord a pull or two. If it start to fire up, kind of take your finger/hand off the carb a little bit so the engine can get more air. You might have to do this a few times and modulate your finger/hand over the carb to keep it running.

For whatever reason little two strokes do weird sh*t like that every now and again...weed eaters, chain saws, you name it...

7. Big Larry

Big Larry
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna go try that right now. I already have the air cleaner of of this leaf blower. The choke is right there in a thin piece of steel, so I wont actually have to use my finger.

thanks zac

8. Big Larry

Big Larry
    Expand Collapse

No dice. Damb honda civic won't start.

9. Hometheaterman

Hometheaterman
    Expand Collapse

Try a new plug.

10. hieneken49

hieneken49
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

if all else fails larry :D:

11. Tani1500

Tani1500
    Expand Collapse

or are u too girly to pull the cord fast enough? :flipoff:

can we get this on video? :rotfl:

in all honesty u prob have the thing flooded to {expletive}. take the plug out and pull it a few times.

12. does it matter

does it matter
    Expand Collapse

if you didnt drain the gas last summer, then that is more than likely your problem. the gas evaporated, the oil didnt.

pour some straight gas in, prime the hell out of it and start pulling. when it stops smoking, empty it out and refil with 2 cycle mix.

13. Tango

Tango
    Expand Collapse

i'd try the new plug first, then I'd check you are getting compression.

probably the plug though, as soon as those plugs get gassed they are gunk unless you sand blast them.

14. purdueagford

purdueagford
    Expand Collapse

somewhere in between the tank and the carb, there should be a screen. find that and use and air compressor to blow all the crap off of it. My weedeater did that last year an cleaning off the screen/filter worked for me.

15. 8=D

8=D
    Expand Collapse

power slam 3 times then throw as far an you can. if it doesnt start. leave it where it lays and go buy another one.

16. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

Go buy a ECHO. Those are some bad ass weed eaters and they are light too. We have had ours about 4 years and never have had to do anything to it. We dont drain the gas at the end of the year either. We also got the saw blade attachment for it and it cuts some thick stuff too.

17. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

gasoline and a lighter works better!!!! :kicknuts:

18. ZacD

ZacD
    Expand Collapse

Not to get off topic (sorry Larry) nor am I advocating Larry should go buy a new trimmer, but I do have to agree with Robert in that Echo does make some bad *ss lawn equipment. A couple of years ago, when I was in highschool in FL, I worked for/with some landscaping and lawnmowing businesses and as far as blowers, trimmers and hand-held edgers went, all we used were Echos. :bigthumb:

19. Maxthis

Maxthis
    Expand Collapse

I really hope your not this dumb...

but after you filled it up with gas did you happen to pump the little primer bulb untill it was full of gas. You can Pull all day long and spray as much either as you want but if that boy aint' full your weeds won't be getting any shorter!

Your not def are you...it could be running and you might just be out of string :rotfl: :rotfl: