1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER DOES IT WORK ?

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by 00GMC MAN, Aug 1, 2002.

1. 00GMC MAN

00GMC MAN
    Expand Collapse

I see some of you guys have these programmer do they really work. What do you use it for and what were your gains power? fuel? etc

2. Gopher

Gopher
    Expand Collapse

It worked for me. i havent had a chance to test it on the track but i can feel the difference. most of it is in the top end. It hasnt seem to really affected my MPG at all, if any very little.

3. pooz911

pooz911
    Expand Collapse

I've also been looking into a re-programmer for my 98 tahoe. I have it lifted on 35's and interested in re-programmingn the computer so I can have my abs working and the speedo accurate. I've been informed that the hypertech can only change the tire diameter to 34 inches, hence my speedo will still be a little off. I am not interested in changing my shift points or my cooling fan temperature turn on switch. I found a company called jet performance in huntington beach who makes a re-programmer that only changes the gear ratio and tire size in the computer for about half the cost of hypertech.

Has anyone used this programmer? would you recommend this over the hypertech?

4. James_R

James_R
    Expand Collapse

I had my local garage reprogram the comp in my Tahoe. Abs works fine. Although, you have 35's I only have 33's.

5. pooz911

pooz911
    Expand Collapse

your local garage was able to re program the stock module without a problem?

Were they able to re-calibrate the speedo?

I have a dealership nearby who said that they can reprogram the module, but I've been told from a bunch of other people who said that I have to buy the aftermarket reprogrammer.

6. Farm Boy Kustoms

Farm Boy Kustoms
    Expand Collapse

HYPER TECH HAS A MODE WHERE YOU CAN CALIBRATE UP TO A 34" TIRE WELL I WAS RUNNIN 36" TIRES AND MY ABS WAS FINE WITH THE PROGRAMMER. IT HELPS ALOT FOR TOWIN AND OTHER THINGS LIKE WATCHING LITTLE CARS GET MAD AT LOUD EXHUAST IN THEIR EAR SO THEY TRY TO PULL AWAY AND SO YOU JUST KICK ONE GOOD TIME AND PULL BY EM AND LAUGH. BUT GET IT YOU'LL LOVE IT AND IT GIVES FROM 25-35 HP I CAN'T REMEMBER BUT LITTLE THINGS HERE AND THERE ADD UP. AND YOU'LL NOTICE THE POWER GAIN AND THE NEW POWER BAN.

:shoot: :burning: