1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

how do you remove overhead console on 99-01 truck?

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by Bosco, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Bosco

Bosco
    Expand Collapse

i have a broke peice up in my console that has bugged me long enough.. how is the console held up in place and how do i remove it to gain access to the lighting?

2. Big Blue Ram

Big Blue Ram
    Expand Collapse

On my '01 there was 1 clip at the very back and 2 in the front. You have to kinda push up and pull back on it to get it to pop loose. It was a PITA, because you can't see anything until you get it off. Not sure if your's is made the same or not. Mine doesn't have the thermometer, its just the sunglass holder, lights, and then the garage door opener. The lights have a quick connect connector on them :bigthumb:

3. Blackdog

Blackdog
    Expand Collapse

There is no easy way. Just take out the two screws and pull down on the console easy and it should pop down. That is all I have ever done with no problems.

4. Mr Joe

Mr Joe
    Expand Collapse

Where are the two screws?

:baby:

5. HotChiliRam

HotChiliRam
    Expand Collapse

No screws on mine, just clips.

I don't have the Information Center, so I'm not sure if the ones that have it are the same. They should be, cause is the same console but I'm not sure. :bigthumb:

6. ZacD

ZacD
    Expand Collapse

1) Load 3-1/2" shell with #8 shot in it into 12 gauge shotgun.

2) Place end of barrel of aforementioned shotgun to center console.

3) Pull trigger.

:bigthumb:

Or were you wanting to be able to replace the center console after you fixed your problem? In that case, I think it's like everybody else mentioned...the one in my '97, from the best I recall, as two clips at the front and one large(r) one towards the rear, I believe. I think it slides back and then down, er something. I'm sure there's destructions online somewhere. I'm fairly positive the '98 and newer trucks are, basically, the same design.

7. Bejer

Bejer
    Expand Collapse

From the FSM:

8. Offroadram

Offroadram
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: That is all I have done with my '95 & '98 and both of my dad's '04's. Just don't get too excited when you are pulling down on it.

9. Ruppel

Ruppel
    Expand Collapse

94-98 you take the two screws out the front that you can see from the bottom, then you slide the whole unit backwards. 99+ you take the screws out if there are any, and i believe there is just one clip that you dislodge when you pull down on it.

10. zj

zj
    Expand Collapse

There's no screws in mine. Just clips

11. Mr Joe

Mr Joe
    Expand Collapse

I just took mine off...'99 has 2 clips, dislodge, pull down and slide back. It was a PITA because it was tight. It's just the light/opener type.

:baby: