1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Ford Ranger SAS

Discussion in 'Drivetrain, Steering, Suspension' started by NWmudder, Aug 3, 2008.

1. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

if everything goes as planned we should be starting on my buddys ranger sas tomorrow. its a 2000 and has a 7 inch lift and 35s right now.

we have everything mostly figured out and have all the new parts. dana 35 front, f150 steering box, toyota front springs and shackles, and some other stuff,

just wondering if anyone has ever done a sas on a new ranger or if anyone has any tips before we start on it.

ill be posting pics when we start working.

2. CJW

CJW
    Expand Collapse

Um, ok, I'll be the first one to ask, dana 35? Are you really having that much trouble finding at least a 44?

Otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing pics. I love a SAS'd ranger. If you haven't already, check out Pirate for ranger builds.

3. redrange

redrange
    Expand Collapse

Check out rangerpowersports.com or therangerstation.com or ranger-forums.com for info on that. It has been done before. Here are a few pics of a couple different ones.

The white one was a 2wd Mazda and was changed to SAS 4WD Ranger Edge on 35's was on 40's at one point, the blue one is just a SAS edge on 35's and the white and camo one is SAS with F150 axles(thats why there so wide) and I think he was on 35's or 38's. Not sure though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

well we found a really good deal on one :naughty:

so we are gonna run that for now

5. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

so today was sort of productive we spent the morning driving around gettin parts and some tools. the guy at some electrical place was a total duece and treated us like crap so we ran over his bushes with the ol chevy scottsdale! but back to the build we got all the ifs crap cut off and got the coilover brackets off the dana 35. tomorrow we should get the perches welded on and get the leaf spring hangers on. hopefully get the truck sitting on the axel.

[​IMG]

we ghetto fabbed that ifs lift so the truck had the gangster lean goin on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the last time ill deal with that stupid ifs crap

[​IMG]

started cutting it up

[​IMG]

not needed anymore

[​IMG]

the transplant

[​IMG]

ifs all gone :rotfl: :hack:

[​IMG]

tons of grinding to do :kicknuts:

ill try to take better pictures tomorrow

6. biggee72

biggee72
    Expand Collapse

I don't know man..I would have looked harder for atleast a 44. Even the 8.8 is approx 120% stronger than a D35 and any serious wheeling is only going to lead to failure.

7. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

well its not my rig thats what he wanted to use. he had a cherokee on 35s and that front end held up pretty good.

8. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

last couple days we havent been working but we are getting some work done.

[​IMG]

getting the front end ready

[​IMG]

sick workbench

[​IMG]

lots o grinding :smash:

[​IMG]

spring perches

9. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

my buddies sick rail that he built

[​IMG]

its got a 3.0 vtec....its quick!

[​IMG]

its going in something like that lol

[​IMG]

it was pretty dark but we got the front hangers on tomorrow we should have the rear hangers on and have the truck sittin on the axel

10. DirtRunner

DirtRunner
    Expand Collapse

whats the price tag on all this deal? i always thought it would be cool to have a small size truck with a solid front axle.

11. bajabomber87

bajabomber87
    Expand Collapse

So your buddy can build a a nice a*s sand rail but then cheaps out big time on the front axle??

doesnt make any sense :roll:

12. NWmudder

NWmudder
    Expand Collapse

lol different buddy. if it was his ranger the thing would be a long travel prerunner probaly