Fish Hook on A Ball Cap

Discussion in 'The Brothel' started by ChinookFE, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

I got a fish hook to put on the bill of my hat as a gift last year, I put it on there because I like fishing and the outdoors in general. Someone told me the other day that it has White Supremicist/Racial meanings as well...Anyone else ever heard this? Or heard any other hidden meanings behind it?

2. Archer

Archer
    Expand Collapse

I'm not up on all the kid's lingo but if it is I don't think this guy would be sportin' one...

[​IMG]

3. 8=D

8=D
    Expand Collapse

never heard of that. every outdoor place/gas station sells them down here.

4. 08struck

08struck
    Expand Collapse

As far as i know there's nothing wrong with it and i wore one for about a year on a camo hat.

5. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

Thats what I thought...I have it on my camo PS.com hat that my wife got me. He told me it had a neg. racial meaning but couldn't tell me what the meaning was.

6. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge
    Expand Collapse

I havent ever heard that either. Hell I had one on my hat all through high school.

7. Copasetic

Copasetic
    Expand Collapse

I've never heard anything like that. I wore one for years but the hat I had it on came up missing a long time ago. I'd have one again but can't find them anywhere here. :dunno:

8. BossHawg600

BossHawg600
    Expand Collapse

That just sounds stupid. I would wear one in a heart beat, but I dont fish as much as I used to. I think its just ignorance that people are saying stuff like that. Heck I had a girl tell me last weekend that all rednecks are Drunken Racists. I told her that I was one and she sneered at me. It became a very interesting conversation after that. Too bad everyone around here thinks the same thing. Heck I get bad looks all the time just driving my truck around!

9. ZacD

ZacD
    Expand Collapse

I distinctly recall meeting and talking to a couple of black guys in a breakfast joint in Philadelphia, Mississippi, about 8 years ago. I overheard them talking about 4 wheelers (ATVs), hunting, and such, and they took note of me kind of eavesdropping and invited me to join in on their conversation. As such, I recall them having fishing hooks and a ornamental lures-that-look-real on their hats/ball caps, as well.

I guess maybe they were Clayton Bigsby types, or something. :dunno: I mean if fishing hooks on hats is akin to racism and all...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/291638/clayton_bigsby/

WARNING: I am, in no means, condoning nor communicating ANY fashion of racist message or thoughts. The video linked, above, I simply find humorous in its satire and mockery of the subject at hand.

FWIW, Chinook, I think whoever told you that is...misinformed...or trying to start a fire where one doesn't exist (I'm presuming).

10. 8=D

8=D
    Expand Collapse

WHITE POWA! :rotfl:

i didnt think you needed to put a disclaimer on that one ZacD.

11. Hayes

Hayes
    Expand Collapse

ive had a fish hook on my hat for many years poeple are getting more and more stupid im not racist at all but poeple think i am because of my truck and my southern draw just dumb people i guess hey ya'll can get them at bass pro shops and any huntin or fishing store

12. ZacD

ZacD
    Expand Collapse

It's just a CYA (cover your *ss) thing that I practice religiously. Whereas most of you guys (members on here that kind of know my "persona") probably realize I wasn't trying to convey any negative stereotypes by posting a link to that video, some nut job is liable to stop by this board, see that post, and then think I'm like the Grand Wizzard of the Klan if I didn't post that disclaimer. :bigthumb:

BTW, I have a black friend. :D:

13. adealac

adealac
    Expand Collapse

I dont know he could be onto something, every neo-nazi that I have arrested had a fish hook on his hat...every single one of them, weird.

:rotfl: