Off Road Vehicles banner

First to post

8K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  Off_Road_Ram_01 
#1 ·
Well leaving one motor sport for another. Sold my quad, and trailer, selling the YJ and already bought a brand new 2011 RZR S. Thing is pretty sweet, wish I has the coin for the XP, but maybe next time :tongue:

Got er up to 65mph with two people in it, definetly got many upgrades to do in the near future as well. Harnesses, winch, 1/2 windshield, storage, go fast goodies, etc.

Will post some pics up tomorrow when I get home from work.

#3 ·
yeah I'll get some up tomorrow when I get home :D

already added an aluminum prerunner bumper, and 200 miles on it after owning it for 4 days on vacation. I will addmit they are much nicer playing with on the trails then the quad, and dare I say it even my heep. Went out with an XP 900, and now that is an impressive machine. I was doing 65mph, and he flew past me like I was standing still.

We were doing 55mph plus on the sand / beach areas, and just floating over the jumps with no jarring, hard hits, etc.

#4 ·
They are pretty sweet. A few buddies have them and ive driven them some. Definitely an adrenaline rush. One guy we ride with has a full blown suspension kit from King and tons of motor mods like a turbo. Talk about fast. But you can spend some serious coin on it.

#6 ·
already got somethings ready to order:

4 point harnesses
1/2 windshield
between the seat storage
rear view mirror
2" hitch for rear
4500lb winch w/synthetic rope

A few more pics:

Found these ladies at a local watering hole

#7 ·
just curious, why the half windshield? reason i ask, a buddy of mine had a kawi tyrex that had a half windshield on it....to be honest, it wasnt that great. the only thing it was good for was if you were haulin arse, and it helped a little bit to keep the wind out of your eyes. doesnt deflect bugs up and over you like a trucks bug deflector would, mud flinging out in the front still manages to be caught up to while moving at speed. lol.

not trying to rain on your parade. just trying to save you a penny or two on it. i used to work in a bike shop that sold the major SxS (kawi, polaris, can am, and now honda) and had a lot of people coming back to get the full windshield that folds down.

#9 ·
looks bad @$$ dude! I wasn't really a fan of the rangers until they made the RZR. i have driven numerous SXS's and i gotta say my all around favorite is the rhino by yamaha. I hear a lot of good things about the can-am though.

P.S. have you thought about chipping it or any ideas for performance?

#10 ·
Looking real good man! I like that bumper, good protection and it looks good. Good idea on the winch, those things are a sumbitch to get unstuck without a winch! Not that I know or anything :D

Have you had it really off-camber yet? And how do you like those tires? Anything about them you don't like?

#11 ·
thanks for the info the windshields - I thought about a full, but overall I don't see myself wanting a full, and not sure if I will get even a 1/2 now. On the rzr forums it's bout 50/50 on people who like 1/2 windshields.

thought about the can-am, but just looked too big, even though it isn't much wider then my S. In fact we originally looked at the can-am, especially the decked out ones, and I think the interior / seats are probably better then the S.

As of go fast goodies not sure, cause we got the extended warranty, so I think I am limited in what I can do if I want to keep the warranty intact - lol, though I'm sure I'll end up doing it anyways - lol.

I probably should have shopped around more for a bumper - found a nice one that the winch mounts on, so it would be up higher out of the mud. Oh well - I always buy a bumper the same day we do with a machine since what the wife did to our first ever atv.

Tires seem pretty good, same ones the XP has on it size and everything. I'll run these till they wear out and then go from there. Comparing to my zillas I liked those more, but I already see myself going a lot faster on this then our old Polaris atv (which had the zillas).

Did a little rock crawling but nothing too extreme yet, nor off camber. Hopefully bring home this next month when we go back up to my parents. Been itching to get it out to the Badlands before snow fall.

#12 ·
Trying find some good pics of flex, not too bad for IFS

#13 ·
You'll like the IFS in those. I think even the rear is independent right?

Stupid question but how does the 4x4 actuator work in that thing? Electronic? Mechanical?

#14 ·
no problem. back when i was building his tyrex i was in the know on a bunch of those accessories but havent been in touch with much of that lately. a few years ago Dragon Fire Racing was the best to go with on the performance parts, but it may have changed since then. sweet rig btw.

#16 ·
I will say it's electronic - I have a 2x / 4x rocker switch on the dash.

Yep IFS all the way around with 12" of wheel travel - believe 12" of ground clearance too. One thing I didn't know that my year - 2011 was the only year S that used non-fox shocks.

4 point harnesses ordered and will here Monday + order the storage bag for between the seats. Counting down the days till I head up north to play with it again. Guy coming to buy the jeep tonight so on my off days will be buying an aluminum 6x10 atv trailer so I can bring the rzr back with me on vacation.:D

#18 ·
The half windshield is better than the full. I have one on my can am and love it. Get that and the soft top for it and winter riding doesnt get near as cold. The full windshield I had made it so I was stopping every fifty feet to clean the mud off. I may get a little dirtier or more soaked in the rain but atleast I can keep going. As far a performance mods go a clutch will really wake that thing up.

#19 ·
picked up my new aluminum trailer this week :bigthumb:

6x10 and comes in at a nice 700lbs

#21 ·
Got my 4pt harnesses installed - much nicer then the stock belts. Got money saved up for aftermarket skids - should be ordering those soon, then late winter / early spring time for the winch. Either going with a Viper Elite or Warn XT - either of those in the 4k flavor.

Might try the tusk 1/2 folding windshield as well, though not sure. Like that one cause you can fold down and lock it down like a jeep. Also debating about a different intake - mainly cause the stock ones have a tendency to let dust into the throttle body (design flaw via Polaris).

#22 ·
XP flare install

S flares removed

XP flare on the left, old S flare on the right

XP flare on passenger side and S flare on driver side for comparison installed.

#23 ·
Order a folding 1/2 front windshield and skid / MM lift for underneath. Still going to older complete skids later on this month or early next month.

#24 ·
Order a 4k viper elite winch, with wireless remote and 40' of synthetic red rope (shipped today)

#25 ·
Okay will add pics when I get home. Got the winch installed and working (took forever to route all the wiring). Had addtional wiring since the wireless controller has a seperate box to install. Got the windshield on - we'll see how that works later. Had to keep it a few inches above the cowl, cause when trying to tilt it to the open position it bound up. Suppose to get a warm day this week so going to tackle the midframe beefed up cross member and MM lift.

Only got a few more things to add this year - then will swing back over to concentrate on Powerwagon mods.

#26 ·
Pics - lol, finally

front end removal

front storage box removed - also a good time to make a dash block off to keep dust / wind from coming up over dash

winch and all accessories for it laid out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.