fabritech sas swap

Discussion in 'Ford 4x4' started by Joel the Ford Guy, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Joel the Ford Guy

Joel the Ford Guy
    Expand Collapse

does anyobdy know anything about the fabritech sas kit for 97-03 f150's. my brother is thinking about doing it to his 02' f150

2. purdueagford

purdueagford
    Expand Collapse

I don't know anything about the '97 - '03 kit. but i will probably be getting ahold of them in the summer for my '96. i'm thinking about the locked d60 version.

3. Dirtraider94

Dirtraider94
    Expand Collapse

Its a waste of money, crappy brackets and its over priced. Its really not that hard to set up a leaf sprung SAS.

I'd say just start reading and searching arcoss the net for write ups, and try to find somebody local that knows a thing or two about trucks and have them give you guys a hand.

Their kit for the ranger is well over a grand...i'll have mine SAS with gears down for around a grand.

4. scoot

scoot
    Expand Collapse

Cage off road makes the arms and stuff. you can get brackets to check out some ranger sites alot of guys do the swap

5. crow5716

crow5716
    Expand Collapse

i wouldn't recommend fabritech to anyone, way overpriced, and their {expletive} takes forever to get to you. and they are very hard to get ahold of. i order my kit about 6-7 months before it showed up and i've been promised a free trac bar for the wait that has still yet to show and it's been another 4 months on top of since i got the orignal parts. so i just gave up on it and i'm making my own trac bar. plus their steering setup sucked a$$ and now i need to make my own draglink :p: definitly wouldn't recommend fabritech :p:

[img=49x23]http://crow5716.com/crow.gif[/img]

6. Joel the Ford Guy

Joel the Ford Guy
    Expand Collapse

i think he knows some guys in a club, sure which one, in saginaw mich. (thats where he lives) and they might just build it themselves, ill keep you updated