1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Dodge Ram 5.9 Diagnostic Error P1757

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by BKAST, Dec 26, 2003.

1. BKAST

BKAST
    Expand Collapse

I took my 1998 5.9 4x4 Dodge RAM truck into AutoZone for an "Check Engine" warning light and the error code came up P1757. Unfortunately, they did not have the error description. Does anyone know where I can find out the problem/description?

Thanks

BKAST

2. Archer

Archer
    Expand Collapse

CODE P1757 is: GOV Press Not Equal to Target @ 15-20 PSI

Which means- The requested pressure and the actual pressure are not within a tolerance band for the Governor Control System which is used to regulate governor pressure to control shifts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear (Zero Pressure Malfunction)

CODE P1757 (M) is: Governor Pressure above 3 PSI In Gear With 0 MPH

Which means- Governor pressure greater than 3 psi when requested to be 0 psi ( 4-speed auto. trans only)

Hope this helps.......

3. BKAST

BKAST
    Expand Collapse

Yeah mike,

how do I know if I have the (M) or the regular P1757???... Is It just if I have the auto tranny ...which I do. EDIT: This is tranny sensor related correct, maybe such as a solenoid. Any idea on how much this is gonna run me? I dont do tranny work.

Brett

4. BR

BR
    Expand Collapse

mine only has P1757. its governor pressure above 3 psi in gear with 0 mph. governor pressure greater than 3psi when requested to be 0 psi.