1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Dodge 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton axle swap question.

Discussion in 'Drivetrain, Steering, Suspension' started by Teradoc, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Teradoc

Teradoc
    Expand Collapse

(I searched through the forum, but I'm short on time)

Well, my front wheel bearing finally went out... Heh was kinda hairy, came off the free way, and well... I hit the end of the off ramp, doing about 40, with one wheel crooked, and no brakes... Wasnt fun.

Anyway, that was yesterday, the axles allready out, and I'm picking up a set of 60's from the salvage yard this morning... $1000 for both axles, complete with brakes, and 4.09/4.10's...(And disc rear) So not bad at all.

My question is, what am I going to need for the swap?

Will my stock driveshafts bolt up, or am I going to have to have some made?

Pretty much, besides for the axles, what do I need?

2. Teradoc

Teradoc
    Expand Collapse

(Sorry, but I just dont have time to go searching, I'm on the road in like 5 minutes, and wont be back to my computer till tonight, I can check the forum on my phone, but its such a pain to search)

3. SlimMan

SlimMan
    Expand Collapse

http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=72549

4. Mikeg1005

Mikeg1005
    Expand Collapse

I don't mean to be an ass, but I would find some time to search before you go ripping out 2 axles from under your truck... its kinda important you know haha?

Look in the build up section, tons of people do 1 ton swaps.. its all in there.

MIke.

5. Richards287

Richards287
    Expand Collapse

I am actually doing the same swap i have to pick my axles up tomorrow i only paid 200 for both and i am looking for the same info, so if i find anything out i'll let you know
    the 3/4 ton i am getting has no tag or vin# so could someone tell me what gears may be in this truck? Its a 1995 v10 auto 3/4 ton thanks everyone and good luck man!

6. boogerboss

boogerboss
    Expand Collapse

Probably 3.55

7. SledNeck

SledNeck
    Expand Collapse

Im also wondering, i just picked up 3/4 ton axles yesterday for $400. I have been doing alot of searching but i still havent found if the stock 3/4 ton d shaft will work in my 1500? or if im just going to have to get mine shortened.

8. NewMexico Ram

NewMexico Ram
    Expand Collapse

Well no matter what you'll have to have the 3/4 ton yoke welded on the shaft for the bigger ujoint. As far as shortening it, that depends on how much lift you have. I've got about 10"-11" of lift and my shaft had to be shortened about an inch and three quarters.

9. SledNeck

SledNeck
    Expand Collapse

Alright, thanks man.