1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

detroit locker in a dana 60 front

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by Big Toe, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Big Toe

Big Toe
    Expand Collapse

Is there anybody running a detroit locker in a front dana 60????? I was told that I'll have problems holding on to the steering wheel and breaking parts every time I stand on it.I don't know sounds like bull to me. anybody know good or bad??????

2. outalne94z71

outalne94z71
    Expand Collapse

if anything , in the chance that it doesnt unlock the only thing that would happen is makes it not want to turn as in the front axle has a push to it, the wheels may be turned but it will still want to move straight ahead

now if you are running big tires(like way to big for the axle) in high traction wheeling ,then yea you can break a 60 with even a open diff

3. Big Toe

Big Toe
    Expand Collapse

I was planning on running 37 tires and stock 350 engine with 35 spline axles????? Is the locker in the front a bad way to go.Its not a daily driver but will only lock the hubs when I need to.

4. v10sport

v10sport
    Expand Collapse

You'll be fine with a locker up front.

5. Big Toe

Big Toe
    Expand Collapse

From what I under stand hydro steer would help a lot?????????Looking into it??????

6. MaddogZ71

MaddogZ71
    Expand Collapse

It will greatly help with steering the bigger tires, but it won't help with the front end trying to push straight even with the tires turned. To solve that problem you need some kind of locker that you can manually unlock, such as an ARB.

7. Big Toe

Big Toe
    Expand Collapse

What about locking the hubs and leaving it in 2 HI until I need it then put it in 4 HI or 4Lo when I'm in the mud holes ??????????