1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

cbr f4i vs. yzf 600r

Discussion in 'Bikes and ATVs' started by dogdigger, Jan 19, 2004.

1. dogdigger

dogdigger
    Expand Collapse

i am going to buy one or the other, i am looking for people who own one of these or have ridden both of them to give opinions. i will be getting a 2000-2003 . thanks guys.

2. WMIF

WMIF
    Expand Collapse

Im looking at the new 600RR. if im remembering correctly, its running low 10 second 1/4's. as for those bikes though, you cant go wrong with either one. i havent ridden either, but have talked to guys that own both. just go with your brand preference/bias.

3. ND01CTD

ND01CTD
    Expand Collapse

Honda! I have riddin one out at work and oh my god talk about {expletive}tin ur pants its so fast.

4. ThatBrownSound

ThatBrownSound
    Expand Collapse

If you've never ridden a bike before even a honda 250 is gonna seem fast...

Anyways back on subject I have ridden the CBRF4i and also done a quick loop on a yzf600r. The 600r has a more comfortable riding position but it also felt a bit heavier. The CBRf4i is a great bike all around...its one you can never really get sick of. I would probably go with honda just because there are much more of them out in the used market. If you are looking for something to stay with you during your learning curve go buy the CBR600rr as Hawiiluver suggested, that's a SWEET BIKE. (but you didn't ask about an rr or an r6).

5. ND01CTD

ND01CTD
    Expand Collapse

Ive been ridin bikes all my life, nice try though.

6. WMIF

WMIF
    Expand Collapse

ive beat f4i bikes on my slightly modded f2. i dont consider either of them to be "really" fast. low 12's MAYBE high 11's.

7. ThatBrownSound

ThatBrownSound
    Expand Collapse

You still on training wheels? :rotfl: You just said Honda bikes are fast...that doesn't describe much or really help him decide, why not expand on your experiences with Honda bikes? :bigthumb:

8. millrtymram

millrtymram
    Expand Collapse

I like the r6 a lot. It rides nice and is very light and quick. It impressed me that this thing is only a 600, but it feels like it has more power than previous 6's. The f4 is supposed to be a comparitive bike, they seem to be close in all aspects. But im a yamaha man, so id go with the r6. or just go with a ducatti.

9. ThatBrownSound

ThatBrownSound
    Expand Collapse

the f4 and an r6 are NOT comparable, the r6 and the 600rr are...

10. WMIF

WMIF
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid:

they are close in classes, but not comparable. r6 is basically a street legal racing bike, as is the 600rr. the f4i, while its roots were based on a racing bike when it was created in the beginning of the 'f' series, is no longer considered a race bike. more of a street performance bike.

11. dogdigger

dogdigger
    Expand Collapse

while i love the looks of the r6 i have heard that it is not very forgiving compared to a f4i or a 600r thats why i am leaning more towards one of those.

12. Jayson161

Jayson161
    Expand Collapse

i've been looking into bikes a lot too. and the yzf 600r looks like one of the better 600's out there well be hind the suzuki gsxr 600. the r6 will out perform them obviously but ive read that it is defintely more of a track bike and more uncomfortable for an every day bike. i'd go for the yzf-600r, im pretty sure that will be the bike i get when im ready

13. millrtymram

millrtymram
    Expand Collapse

ok, as i remember when the r6 came out, it was the baddest 600, then the f4 came out and the bike mags, said it was competition for the r6. I have friends that have an r6 and the other has a 600rr. And they said the 600rr was quicker, but it could be the rider though. As far as f4 and r6, just goin by what the mags were sayin. sorry I even spoke up, obviously your the only one that rides bikes in the nation.

14. WMIF

WMIF
    Expand Collapse

no reason to get butt hurt about it. he didnt say anything hostile to you, just that they arent comparable. before the 600rr came out, the f4i was the only thing that honda had to compare to the r6 so of course they are gonna compare it. see my explaination above too.

15. millrtymram

millrtymram
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I was A little out of line, just seemed he was kind of prick to ndram or whatever too. I apoligize.

16. Redneckram

Redneckram
    Expand Collapse

Get a Hyabusa 1300

17. WMIF

WMIF
    Expand Collapse

way to bring up an old post with a rediculous statement. :roll:

hes looking at reasonable bikes in the 600's.

18. dogdigger

dogdigger
    Expand Collapse

get um hawii!! :argue:

19. jroutlaw0803

jroutlaw0803
    Expand Collapse

get the r-6 ive got a 02 model with a few mods and new exhaust,,it hauls the a$$,,and i had a 00 r1 before that,,,the r6 handles like a dream compared to other bikes in my opinion,,especially the honda u speak of,,,Plus it just looks a whole lot cooler :cool::