1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Can a weedeater engine push a go-cart?

Discussion in 'Bikes and ATVs' started by LiquiDaze, Mar 8, 2004.

1. LiquiDaze

LiquiDaze
    Expand Collapse

First off let me say it is not to push my fat a$$ around. I got a another gas powerd weedeater from the nieghbor but I dont need tow and I have a industral one I bought last year (the kind with the handel bars) and I thought I would use the engine of the indsutrail one to make a small go-cart for my kids. I figure it would have to push about 250#s max and thats figuring about 100-150#'s for the cart itself. So do you guys think this would be ok or would it just be a good way to destroy a good weedeater?

P.S. This thing doesnt have to have go at brake neck speed my oldest kid is almost 4.

2. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

I don't really think so, but what cc is it?

3. THURENfab.

THURENfab.
    Expand Collapse

Chain saw maybe but I think something designed to spin a little chord around real fast might not do it too well. If it's big CC's maybe?

4. LiquiDaze

LiquiDaze
    Expand Collapse

I did a quick search and it looks like most of there weedeaters are 25cc engines. Im not sure what cc it is I will look when I get home. But the engin is not small compare to most.

5. Ruppel

Ruppel
    Expand Collapse

i had a 26cc engine on one of my echo weedeaters. i don't think that would be enough. you want to do something cool to that weedeater? make it into a blender. you will be able to make margarittas faster than anyone around. i have an extra weedeater im going to do this to soon.

6. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

26cc is not enough for sure! if it is

7. GOD RAM IT

GOD RAM IT
    Expand Collapse

It might if the go cart was built for a Smurf.

8. RatherBeMuddin

RatherBeMuddin
    Expand Collapse

It might if you use an 11 tooth sprocket on the engine and maybe like a 250 tooth on the axle. But the top speed would only be like 5mph.

9. z400master03

z400master03
    Expand Collapse

If you use two of them and build a light cart it would work...That would be :silly:Funny to see go by weeeeeweeeeeeeweeeee..

10. Reddneck

Reddneck
    Expand Collapse

I do alot of small engine repair and a 25cc engine would not do it. If you had a larger chainsaw engine maybe, but I can't see a weedeater engine doing it. Your best bet would be a chainsaw engine with one heck of a gear ratio and a really good clutch.

11. summitlt

summitlt
    Expand Collapse

I think you should go and find a snowblower engine.

12. Ruppel

Ruppel
    Expand Collapse

if you had something that you could start moving yourself and then kick the engine on for power it would work. it would never get you going from a stand still. also you need to remember that 25cc's from one company is like 15cc's from another. some brands will make a lot more power with the same amount of cc's.

13. Big460

Big460
    Expand Collapse

A big chainsaw engine will definatley get it!!!! We had a 110cc Husky on a go-cart.........scary power if geared right. :naughty:

14. Thumpersdriver

Thumpersdriver
    Expand Collapse

The only thing you can relly use a weedeater engine for is a big quarter scale radio controlled airplane. I know this because I DO use them on my big arsed scale planes.

15. BuddhaSmurf

BuddhaSmurf
    Expand Collapse

Why not just use a 3.5 Briggs And Stratton and govenor it down if you dont want it to go fast... hell you can find lawnmowers on the side of the road, and some of them might be locked up, which is still fixable, or some might need a coil... hell i have found them that just had bad gas in them :rotfl: . Also i cool thing to do with a weedeater is but like a trolling motor blade on the end of it and use it as a boat motor since they can run upside down the only problem is water running up the tube....

16. does it matter

does it matter
    Expand Collapse

look on ebay for an R/C boat that needs a motor and transplant it.

40" bought with weedeater motor = +/- 35mph

17. rhino350

rhino350
    Expand Collapse

chainsaw is the way to go for kids on a gocart it can be governed pretty good so it doesnt excelerate so fast and do damage to any thing especially the kids they do a real good job and they can fly when you want to ride it :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

18. DRED

DRED
    Expand Collapse

every time I read the title of this thread I picture FaTexas putting around on a weadeater powered go cart... oh man, I'd pay to see that...

19. redrider808

redrider808
    Expand Collapse

this my give you some ideas.

http://www.goped.com/html-products/sgoquad-info.shtml

i have a bigfoot goped and it does about 25 with me on it im 220#

20. chevy4wheelin91

chevy4wheelin91
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't work, we've tryed it just for the heck of it with a go kart and lil mini bike for a little kid, just do what i did and put a 440 snowmobile racing engine in a kart, mine lifts the tires off the ground. haha.