1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

CAMBER UPDATE

Discussion in 'Nissan 4x4' started by Bulldogger2008, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Bulldogger2008

Bulldogger2008
    Expand Collapse

The shop is telling me that when I torqued the torsion bars and added a block in the back to add an addition inch to the over height, it threw the camber out of alignment. I asked is there any after market part we can add to re-align the truck. They said nope and I would have to bring the truck back down an inch. I'm running a 3" b, 3"s Calmini Lift. Suggestions anyone. The problem were facing is that the tires sit at an inward angle which is causing the tires to wear different/uneven.

2. jpvm

jpvm
    Expand Collapse

Nobody likes the rear lifting blocks too much, its way better to lift the back with new leaf springs and get rid of those lifting blocks... Some IFS lift kits do have new torsion bars too for the front obviously, and realigning is a must after lifting (and using wie(er) wheels to keep proper geomtery, many guys use special shims to return to stock alignment specs. Wheel balancing also is adviceable :bigthumb:

3. Bulldogger2008

Bulldogger2008
    Expand Collapse

Spoke with the tech at 4 wheel parts and he said that the camber adjustment is off. This is caused from the torsion bars being maxed out and the block in the rear end. This is causing the tires to flex in a bit. You can see it from the front how it leans in. They said the only way to fix it was to reduce the torsion bars and take out the block in the back end. This would bring everything back to specs and allow the wheels to allign straight up and down. There has to be some sorta part to get the camber back in alignment. I called Calmini and they said there is nothing that they make that would reallign the camber.

4. 94cummins4x4

94cummins4x4
    Expand Collapse

you are maxing out the factory suspension. There is a part you can buy to get the camber back into alignment... its called a lift kit hahaha. other than that there is really noway to bring it back out, as there is no adjustment left in the stock parts.

5. Bulldogger2008

Bulldogger2008
    Expand Collapse

I have a 3 inch body 3 inch suspension on the truck, a Calmini Lift. But I wanted it a bit higher and was told to throw a leaf between the springs and tweek the torsion bars. Running this setup for nearly 2 years, I noticed the front tires were wearing extremely thin, around 4 inches on the inside. Got new rims, 15x10 Dick Cepek DC-1 on 33 12.5 Baja Claws. Pulled the old 15x12 MT Classic II off. After getting the truck back, the front end was aligned, definately noticed a differnece when driving but, the front tires still bend in just a bit and I know its going to wear the tires again.

6. JeepMan4wd

JeepMan4wd
    Expand Collapse

You need 6" of lift to run 33's? I have an 2000 Xterra no lift with 31x10.50x15 on stock rims. You need to take out the blocks and undo the torshon bar or drop to a smaller tire.

7. Obastid-f150

Obastid-f150
    Expand Collapse

what your doing when your cranking down on the torsion bars is twisting the center of the truck more or less. Look at your susption as a piece of flat stock metal. If you push up on the center, the 2 ends bow in. Thats exactly whats going on here. Do you have a drop down knuckle bracket? I'd suggest going with a lift that supplies that to square the front end out and you can detwist the bars.

I hate working with torsion bars. Theres so much tention there is craps the crap out of me.

8. Bulldogger2008

Bulldogger2008
    Expand Collapse

There has got to be some sort of fabrication or part you can add to get the camber alignment correct. 4 Wheel parts said there wasn't. I like the lift of the truck where it sits. Really don't want to bring it back down an inch, :(: Darn it!

9. Obastid-f150

Obastid-f150
    Expand Collapse

leave the block, un crank the torsion bars some, see if you can get the camber issue any better. So your truck will a slight rake. Stock trucks have slight rake to compensate for towing. It'll look fine.

10. Bulldogger2008

Bulldogger2008
    Expand Collapse

I want to take the time to thank all of you who replied with your thoughts/opinions, its much appreciated. For those of you who commented with smartass comments, I thank you for a good laugh even though your still a bunch of f ing a holes, lol. :fu: Will have the truck in the shop this Saturday to get her cranked down a bit :cuss:

Anyone looking for an English Bulldog puppy let me know, I breed them on the side. briarhollowbulldogs@yahoo.com

11. jpvm

jpvm
    Expand Collapse

x2 :bigthumb:

12. JeepMan4wd

JeepMan4wd
    Expand Collapse

i was not try to be a di_-, if I came off that way i did not mean too, hope every thing works out. Let us know what solves the problem please.