1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Blazer vs Bronco pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Newbie Tech' started by lilpro, May 18, 2005.

1. lilpro

lilpro
    Expand Collapse

Hey I have been wheeling for about 2 months in my Toyota, but i need to find another vechile to four wheel in due to have the toyota as a daily driver. I was wondering if i should get a blazer or bronco, and what are the pros and cons??

Thanks

Michael

2. rallen4

rallen4
    Expand Collapse

You should get a blazer...mines for sale! Most all chevy trucks ranging anywhere from the early to late 60's up to around 87 have parts that can come off one and bolt right onto another...you cant do that with a bronco. Hope that helps a little! If your interested, like I said, mines for sale.

3. Chris W

Chris W
    Expand Collapse

well for a cheap rig that you can find parts for any where... you cant go wrong with chevy. the motors are simple to build and the parts are every were for them. also the susp. are the most basic and simpe ones on the earth.

the broncos are about the same as far a stoutness goes except for the 9" rear and more of them have 205's.

eather way they are both good choises.

4. BigXBear

BigXBear
    Expand Collapse

blazer all hands down unless its an older mini bronco, liek teh first bronco ever made model. Blazers are just simple as can be. If u go back to the 70's they came with a no seat option jsut a driver seat :bigthumb:

5. King Nothing

King Nothing
    Expand Collapse

The stoutest truck I ever owned was my 79 bronco. id say you cant go wrong with either and runniing with no top rocks

6. mudhuker

mudhuker
    Expand Collapse

the newer broncos have that gay ttb

7. King Nothing

King Nothing
    Expand Collapse

Its gay but not THAT bad and fairly easily taken care of

8. Woods

Woods
    Expand Collapse

i say fullsize bronco. you won't find a 2wd fullsize bronco unless it was converted, plus i trust a 9" or 8.8" rear-end more than a 10 bolt. i also like the coil front suspension, looks, and powertrain more than the blazer. what it all boils down too though is personal preferance, find some info about both, you will find pluses and minuses about both vehicles.

9. lilpro

lilpro
    Expand Collapse

ttb?? what does that mean?

10. dag4566

dag4566
    Expand Collapse

78-79 Fullsize bronco all the way :bigthumb:

dana 44 and a 9 inchand a c6 and a 205, pretty stout from the factory

11. Chris W

Chris W
    Expand Collapse

twin tractor beam. not straight axle and not an IFS is's like a straight axle cut in half with pivots on the ends and a d-shaft between tham is that makes and sents. :silly:

12. King Nothing

King Nothing
    Expand Collapse

Twin TRACTION beam

13. Mr Joe

Mr Joe
    Expand Collapse

Who would own a bronco :roll:

Me! :D:

:baby:

14. outlawtorn

outlawtorn
    Expand Collapse

I love chevys for that fact that you can get anything and everything no matter where you live for em. The engines are easy to mod, easy to work on and they last forever. Im alittle biased... ive never owned anything but chevy and ive never had a problem with one that wasnt caused my driver error to be honest.

15. Chris W

Chris W
    Expand Collapse

my bad :roll:

16. k3yston3

k3yston3
    Expand Collapse

73-91 Blazers always have the option of near bolt-in dana 60/14 bolt ff out of similar model year...

17. CHOGA

CHOGA
    Expand Collapse

78 or 79 bronco! :bigthumb:

18. slowpoke

slowpoke
    Expand Collapse

i have a 76 and a 78 bronco. cant complain about either of them. on the other hand i wheel with people with k5s and they are pretty reliable as well. other than the guy who is running stock axles with 35s is on his 3rd axle where as im running 36s on my stock axles and have been for about a year or more with no issues

19. flexyford

flexyford
    Expand Collapse

The late 70's broncos are really stout if you build them right, even stock they are a strong rig. even if you get a newer one with the ttb in the front, you can just do a solid axle swap. The 351 windsors are the ones to look for also, the rest ae fine but I personally like the windsors for the reliability perposes. Good luck on finding what you are looking for!

20. thumpida

thumpida
    Expand Collapse

id say i fyou go with the bronco get like a 78- 79. id say the broncos are better off stock, stronger axles same transfer case and also offer the t18( of course im a fan of the 205). if you r goign to build it the blazer is cheaper. you can get a 14ff for $100 and a cheap detroit for it. plus a boilt in dana 60 so no custom parts. you can run a big block small block, v6 or even inline 6 all on the same tranny. if your goignt o upgrade id go with the blazer. if not go with the bronco. they can fit 33"s with out any lift.