Anybody know where I can find instrument cluster light bulbs???

Discussion in 'All Other Tech' started by Patent Pending, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Patent Pending

Patent Pending
    Expand Collapse

AutoZone didn't have them, and I can't say I've seen them at any other parts stores. They are really small screw in type bulbs with plastic sockets. The contacts are on the sides up near the bulb. They are marked ALBA 12V 1.5W if that helps. One has a blue socket and a longer clear bulb, while the other has a white socket and a shorter frosted bulb. The bulbs are soldered into the sockets, so I can't just swap them out.

They are for my g/f's '02 Saturn LS300 for the odometer and fog light indicator. I tested other bulbs in their place, so I know this is the problem. If I can't find them anywhere else, I'll try the GM dealer I guess.

Anybody have any ideas???

2. Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin
    Expand Collapse

dealer i guess, they can't be that much.

3. Patent Pending

Patent Pending
    Expand Collapse

My g/f is on the phone w/ the Saturn dealer by her work right now... odometer one (white socket) is $7.85 and the foglight indicator bulb (blue socket) is $3.85. :roll: Should be in tomorrow. What a rip off for a couple tiny little bulbs.

I told her to get an extra blue socket one because that's what all the other dash lights are. She is going to. At least I'm saving her the cost of getting them installed. That would probably have been at least another $65 (1hr of labor at dealer cost) to have them put in. I can do it start to finish in about 10min. :roll: Total cost will be around $16.50 for the three bulbs. :x: Beats the $100 or more the dealer likely would have charged.