1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

Aggressive, Long Wearing Tires

Discussion in 'Tires/Wheels' started by LPD111, Nov 21, 2003.

1. LPD111

LPD111
    Expand Collapse

I want to starting looking at various tires for my truck. I am going to hopefully have new tires on around Springtime.......hopefully my stock Michelin's will be pretty worn out by then. I was going to start buying them one at a time and spread the cost out a bit.

I am going to install a 2" metal coil spacer kit and run 315/75R-16 sized tires.

What is the most aggressive and long lasting/wearing tire out there?

On my last truck, 1993 Dakota 4x4, I have used Dunplop Radial Rover RV, Hoosier Radial All Terrain AT (no longer made, but GREAT tire), BFG AT KO, and Goodyear Wrangler ATs. All lasted a good amount of time, with the Goodyears lasting the least(about 35,000 miles) and the BFG AT KOs lasting the longest (70,000 miles). I have always wanted a bit more traction though!! Anyways, these above tires are basically good general purpose all terrain tires. I really liked the BFGs and they are on the top of my list. However, is there anything more offroad friendly or more aggressive that will also last? I am not trying to get 70,000 miles again out of these new tires, cause those BFGs were on a much smaller and lighter truck. However, I would like to find a tire which will provide my truck with more traction when needed, but also wear good and be street friendly.

Road/Offroad conditions encoutered: Water, Snow, Clay, Mud. Not really ever done any sand wheeling.

So far, I have looked into Goodyear MTR, BFG MT KM, or the ProComp tires(either in the Mud Terrain or the XTerrain). Any others to consider??

2. v10sport

v10sport
    Expand Collapse

TSL radial or SSR's may work for you too

3. King Nothing

King Nothing
    Expand Collapse

goodyear MTrs or BFG mud terrains might be the ticket

4. LPD111

LPD111
    Expand Collapse

>>TSL radial or SSR's may work for you too<<

HMMM.......

I would love either of those, especially with their 6-10 ply ratings. However, I really don't think I need a full blown out mud tire like the TSL Radial or the SSR Radial. What kind of tread life/mileage do these get? I bet they are really loud though.

What about that TRXUS Radial? They are marketed as "Smooth, super quiet ride with tough thick sidewalls." 10 PLY!!

Like I said, I think my truck and my truck's uses would be better geared for an aggressive all terrain tire, especially for daily driving.

5. Mr Joe

Mr Joe
    Expand Collapse

I think a long lasting "Aggressive" tire is a fantasy.... I have these and they work just fine... :baby:

6. BEASTBLOWS

BEASTBLOWS
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have any reports on the Maxxis tires? KreepyKrawlers even out yet? I heard they are real nice tires :shock:

7. King Nothing

King Nothing
    Expand Collapse

I also LOVE my BFGmts but I cant vouch for wear. Ive probably got 2k on mine and they still look brand new

8. ALLAXCS

ALLAXCS
    Expand Collapse

I ran two sets of Big O XT's back to back they worked great on and off road. They last a long time and they are not very loud.

I know they aren't as aggressive as TSL's or SSR's but if your going to do a lot of street driving they might be a good choice.

Nothing I hate to see more than 39" boggers on a truck that doesn't leave the pavement.

By the way, I do have a set of 315/75r 16's for sale. :roll:

9. 2000DAKATAK

2000DAKATAK
    Expand Collapse

Everyone is hitting the nail on the head the BFG mud-terrians will last the longest and i think they are agrexxive as hell. i make most everyhitng in 2wd where my friend need 4wd. i am expecting over 50k out of this set. they are very long lasting and they are very agressive for on road and off road drivign.

10. Punkineater

Punkineater
    Expand Collapse

Aggressive and long lasting....well that sounds like a groundhawg. They are just ugly, but fits your shopping list.

11. michael9688

michael9688
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: long lasting and agessive. not that bad in price either i hear??

12. King Nothing

King Nothing
    Expand Collapse

Hawgs are expensive as hell

13. michael9688

michael9688
    Expand Collapse

wel thay are still agressive and last . "you get what you pay for"

14. T R A V I S

T R A V I S
    Expand Collapse

:withstupid: yeah groundhawgs are soo ugly

15. NIGHT_DRAGON

NIGHT_DRAGON
    Expand Collapse

LPD111, as being from IN myself and running in pretty much the same conditions that you are I can only recommend one tire.....GroundHawgs.

I run biasply but they also make them in a radial. They handle the snow much better then the swampers I used to have, they are very street freindly, clean themselves with almost no effort, and I expect to get around 45k or better on this set, and they are extremely aggresive.

[img=500x234]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/463000-463999/463754_1_full.jpg[/img]

16. 95ram

95ram
    Expand Collapse

I like BFG MT's. The set i have on my pickup now is the third set i've had. ever one of them has held up well. as far as how long they last i can't really say. i usually got rid of them or the pickup before they wore out.

17. summitlt

summitlt
    Expand Collapse

goto http://highmark.ashst.com/and check out the BFG section, or anything, check out the procomp m/t they seem to be popular. Look at the site, theres a good amount of info there.

18. v10sport

v10sport
    Expand Collapse

You can expect 30 to 40K out of a SSR radial and simular for the the TSL radial. My tires are quiet but have gotten louder as they wore. They are quiet for such an agressive tread.

19. Jou

Jou
    Expand Collapse

i'd say the mtr of the bfg leaning towards the mtr if you have alot of snow

20. Rock'd

Rock'd
    Expand Collapse

mtrs or ground hawgs :bigthumb: