99 silverado 4x4 problems

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by REV_IT_UP, Jan 15, 2004.

1. REV_IT_UP

REV_IT_UP
    Expand Collapse

My brother has a 99 chevy silverado new style 1/2 ton with push button 4x4. Yesterday, all the lights in the push button switched flashed, then they all went out, now the 4 wheel drive wont engage. THere was no grinding noise at all, just silence. I replaced the push button switch($50), and nothing. What next, or am I gonna have to take this electinically controlled pile to the steeler to have it checked out? Any info would be greatly appreciated. THank!

p.s. I checked the fuses and they were good.

2. Gopher

Gopher
    Expand Collapse

Im not sure but there mab be some software that needs to be updated or installed. Ur best bet is to take it to the dealer.

3. THURENfab.

THURENfab.
    Expand Collapse

Mine did the EXACT same thing...It may be as simple as dis-connecting the battery for a few minuites to let it reset....

4. DANEZ71

DANEZ71
    Expand Collapse

try his idea before the dealer

5. REV_IT_UP

REV_IT_UP
    Expand Collapse

well we just brought it inside our garage to check it out, ill go try the battery thing first before i do anything else, also, this truck started havign other electrical problems, the power driver side window quit working, there is no interior lights and the aftermarket cd player stays on at all time, unless manually turned off. So hopefully it wont be to expensive.