1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

98 dodge ram 1500 high idle

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by snap_on12000, Aug 7, 2009.

1. snap_on12000

snap_on12000
    Expand Collapse

i have a 98 dodge ram 5.9 and last night i went to start it and the negative battery cable was lose and now power i tightened it down and went to start it and the truck had a high idle 2000 rpm so i drove it home and started to check stuff out and i know that the tps helps with the rpm so i unplugged it and it idle ok so the i plugged it back in still idle ok i took it for a test drive and drives fin but when i go to stop it sounds like it wants to die it idles at 500 rpm once at a stop goes back to normal 750 rpm i tested the tps harness and the constant volt side reads 5.17 volts and the throttle volts start at .16 volts and only get to 3.86 volt if any one can help i would appreciate it a lot and sorry for the long post

2. Hacksaw

Hacksaw
    Expand Collapse

Any check engine light?

Could be your IAC (Idle Air Control) motor/valve whatever it is.

3. snap_on12000

snap_on12000
    Expand Collapse

po123 code high current happened when i unplugged it and iac is brand new got it in jan or feb

4. Jason

Jason
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to double-check, but when I replaced my IAC valve, the only place it gets it's signal from is the computer. I would take that one back if you can, and swap it for another. Where did you buy it from?