1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

92 Chevy Front Hub Nut Size

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by ChinookFE, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

My buddy and I are putting a lift on his '92 Chevy K1500 and we need to remove the front drive axles, does anyone know what size the outer hub nuts are so we can go buy the right socket tomm.?

2. 95Cheyenne

95Cheyenne
    Expand Collapse

i cant remember off the top of my head so please correct me if iam wrong but its either a 30mm,32mm or 36mm sorry that didnt really help.

3. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

TTT, anyone know for sure?

4. Maxthis

Maxthis
    Expand Collapse

I just took the front shafts out of my chevrolet Lumina...now keep in mind it was a car but they where 1+1/8"socket

5. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

Ok....Anyone have any information that actually helps?

6. Maxthis

Maxthis
    Expand Collapse

you ain't gotta be a prick, have you actually ever thought that in a sceme to save money and actually make less parts that chevrolet may use the same nut on more then one vehicle? :twak:

My helpful advice.... instead of waisting everyones time on the computer call NAPA,Autozone, or Advanced and ask them.... They should be able to give you some "helpful" information.

7. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

Bro, I'm not being a prick, but telling me what size it "might" be, does not help me at all, I can look at it and see what size it "might" be, I need to know what size it "is" so i'm not running back and fourth to the auto parts store exchanging sockets. but thank you for the info, if I ever need to work on a Lumina, I'll be prepared.

8. Maxthis

Maxthis
    Expand Collapse

:bigthumb: :sorry: but having a bad day and your comment didn't help. Later, Ronnie

9. ChinookFE

ChinookFE
    Expand Collapse

Well...Turns out its 35mm...just went and bought all the close sizes