1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

40 inch Iroks on 16.5 wheels?

Discussion in 'Tires/Wheels' started by djgaston, Jun 30, 2004.

1. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

Anybody seen a set of 39.5 Iroks on 16.5 inch wheels? I know the 15's are much wider than the 17's and am hoping the 16.5's are also that wide, because I have a set of 12 inch wide wheels that I might put them on later if they don't look stupid. The 17 inch versions just look plain gay, like MT/R's. My truck is just too big to have skinny tires under it.

2. Dodge Death Machine

Dodge Death Machine
    Expand Collapse

Wait a week and I will take pics of mine once I get them mounted. I just bought a set from Tyred int. and they should be here in a week. I got the 39.5/13.5/16.5 IROK Radials. Tyres Int. Gave me a pretty decent deal compared to everyone else. :bigthumb:

3. Dodge Death Machine

Dodge Death Machine
    Expand Collapse

BTW, a 9.75" rim is recommended, FYI

4. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know the 12 inch wide wheel is probably not too good for that application. If these TSL's end up riding real rough then I'll switch but otherwise I'll probably just buy two new TSL's to match and call it done. I love how freaking wide they are. Can't wait to see pics of yours though. :bigthumb:

5. Fullbore55

Fullbore55
    Expand Collapse

Dan, I was thinking about the 39.5 Iroks also. Nat'l Tire also told me to use my 9.75's b/c I would mess up the belts if I changed to a 12" wide rim.

6. Lance

Lance
    Expand Collapse

thats what I want to buy also, what did they charge you for those?

7. Mud Ready

Mud Ready
    Expand Collapse

I dont know about the 16.5s but my buddy has them for 20s and they look really narrow.

8. Dodge Death Machine

Dodge Death Machine
    Expand Collapse

W/ shipping and F.E.T I spent $1330 for four of them, about $70 cheaper than everyone else.

9. blt4rox

blt4rox
    Expand Collapse

What was it per tire before FET?

I just paid $1168 with FET and Shipping from 4WPW for 15/39.5-17 TSLs. They were $263 per tire before FET or shipping. The 39.5x13.5-17 Iroks were only $223 per tire.

Did you get 5 tires maybe?

Sean

***EDIT*** I see you actually said 4 tires. Sorry.

I'm hoping mine are pizza cutters on 17x9 beadlocks. :wink: :flipoff:

Oh, got free "no questions asked" road hazard warranty for that price too.

10. blt4rox

blt4rox
    Expand Collapse

11. blt4rox

blt4rox
    Expand Collapse

Hey Danny,

Do you air down at all??

If so, I definitely wouldn't run the 16.5s on a 12" rim. The smaller rim width (9.75) will hold the bead on the notoriously poorly designed 16.5 wheel much better.

Just a suggestion.

Sean

12. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

I really don't air down ever, I know it helps in some situations but normally I just put it in 4x4 and go.

I should probably stick with the TSL's since they are wider and I like how they look. They fit the wheels fine. I was considering Iroks since they ride better and I don't want to switch tires back and forth but I think I can make the 42's fit if I lengthen the arms and push the axle forward. Still interested in pics when they are available.

13. Dodge Death Machine

Dodge Death Machine
    Expand Collapse

Bias plys are cheaper than the radials. :poke: I bought the radials. I do not know what exactly the tires were before all the other junk, but list in the magazines is like $293-$306 per tire depending on where you get them from. BTW, $1330/4= 332.5 per tire :bluecry:

DJ, nut up and cut your damn fenders! :hack:

14. blt4rox

blt4rox
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, didn't realize the radials were even available yet. They're not listed on the Interco site as available (kinda like the 42" Irok). Just says "available spring 2004" which has come and gone for the rest of the Irok line. Obviously, Swamper is very backlogged on tires anyway. The link I posted didn't show them as available either, but they also didn't show my 39.5/15-17 TSLs. :dunno:

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Sean

15. Dodge Death Machine

Dodge Death Machine
    Expand Collapse

You're right, the Interco site still says available Spring 2004, I don't know why, but the Tyres International site has some specs on them. That is the only place I found specs on them. No worries about the confusion, as I am in a perpetual state of confusion. :silly:

16. Camo

Camo
    Expand Collapse

The plant is making 16s and 17s now, but has not started on the 15 or 16.5 yet. You should be able to get a set from 4WP or another dealer. They are 14.5/42-__. I have seen one, along with a friend of mine that thinks the 13.5s are too narrow, and the 14.5 should appeal to the wide tire guys. All other sizes should be avaliable around September.

17. djgaston

djgaston
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply Camo.

18. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know the part number on the 42" IROKs?

19. DRED

DRED
    Expand Collapse

goin' back to the original question... check out the interco site... the bigger the rim, the smaller the overall width, but the tread widths are kinda wacky...

http://www.intercotire.com/html/irok.htm