1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

4.0 WJ Supercharger Kit

Discussion in 'Jeep 4x4' started by Virus_Nyne, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Virus_Nyne

Virus_Nyne
    Expand Collapse

With cars, money can make it happen. I've been learning with several mechanics on how a vehicle works, and I am pleased to have come this far.

I traded off my old 95 4Runner for an 03 Jeep GCL, the WJ chassis. It has the I6 in it, and I've only got an intake and throttle body spacer on it. But I want more. I know the motor was specifically designed to build torque.

I was also told by a good friend that he had found a direct bolt on supercharger for my motor, since I do not think that the I6 from 98 and previous would have the same configuration, at least not by the pictures. They make superchargers for those, and for the Wrangler 4.0, but I have searched endlessly for a supercharger for my specific motor.

Any help?

2. JeepnTXJ

JeepnTXJ
    Expand Collapse

The 4.0 in the 2003 TJ's should be the same as the 4.0 in the WJ's, no?

If so, Kenne Bell makes a bolt-on for a 2000-2004 TJ, so it should work...?

Avenger does too...

3. Virus_Nyne

Virus_Nyne
    Expand Collapse

They redesigned some things in 1998 for the 1999 motor. Different water pump is one of the few things I can remember. I know the exhaust manifolds aren't the same, else I'd either have headers or a turbo manifold. I also know that the 1998 motor have an intake on the exact opposite side, unless that is the stipulation of the supercharger kit.

The TJ motor isn't the same neither, I'm told. Or else they would advertise the whole kit as for most Jeeps with a 4.0L.

4. JeepnTXJ

JeepnTXJ
    Expand Collapse

On the Avenger website, it only says for the 4.0 motor, not jeep specific. SO I dunno. Maybe try NAGCA? Not too many GC guys on here.