1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

1997 V10 Spark Issue on Donor

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by swirvin21, Mar 1, 2010.

1. swirvin21

swirvin21
    Expand Collapse

I finally found a deal to get a V10 into the Dodge. Amazing how many V10 swaps are going on now! Problem is that the donor motor is not getting spark. Need some help diagnosing before pulling it.

1997 V10 2500 2wd auto. Motor cranks, has fuel pressure, and air, but no spark. Truck has not run since trans rebuilt 2yrs ago, picked up from shop, drove ~20 miles and died on the side of the road. Previous owner shot the wires, swapped the computer and still nothing. Never did take it back to the trans shop, which is surprising. :dunno:

I'm hoping the problem is the wiring on the crank sensor getting caught in the trans during installation, but am not sure. It makes sense, would have grounded out after a few miles of vibration and shut down. Question is whether that shot the computer and whether he blew the 2nd one when trying the new computer. Can I test the computers aside from finding someone's V10 for a guinea pig?

I'm not getting the whole truck, just the drivetrain, so I want to do as much trouble shooting as I can before pulling it all.....suggestions appreciated!

2. swirvin21

swirvin21
    Expand Collapse

RE: V10 Donor Spark Issue

Here's what I'm getting in the deal: complete 1995 V10 4wd Auto truck, less axles and t-case (going in my Jeep project-hopefully) and everything for a V10 swap out of a 1997 V10 2wd auto plus a new radiator.

1995 has a throttle body spacer, headers, and viper wires. Body is rusted, thought about making it a truggy, but the frame is scaling. Will take a look after I start tearing it down to see if it would be easier to build a truggy than my rusted out Jeep.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1997 complete drivetrain + radiator + extra computer, etc. Motor is stock but only has 107K on it. Seller is trustworthy and said it ran strong prior to trans issues.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]