1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

1997 dodge ram 1500 transmission torque converter drainback

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by gtnrdid, Jan 23, 2011.

1. gtnrdid

gtnrdid
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 and i just had the transmission rebuilt and i have been reading forums and they say to remove the one way valve from tranny cooler line and install a remote transmission filter in its place. Ever since i removed valve i have torque converter drainback and i have to let me truck sit for a few minutes before i can get it to move. anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this problem so i don't have any drain back when truck sits overnite?

2. diesel2650

diesel2650
    Expand Collapse

I idle mine in neutral for 2-5 min almsot always and that should be enough to fill the TC, or upgrade the valve body (http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm) either way it was to idle up, be it in park or neutral. Oh n I forgot to say if u didnt already know the TC on these trucks run dry in park, no fluid moving, how it is stock from dodge

3. 97-360Magnum

97-360Magnum
    Expand Collapse

Well is there a way to prevent the drain back? I pop mine into neutral first thing and i give it a couple good revs and then it goes fine. But it has caused my checkengine light to come on and the code says "no torque converter revolutions at lock up"