1. Sorry for the initial hiccups after launch. Everyone should be able to login now.

Welcome to the new Pavement Sucks!

If you are having a problem logging in, try RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD HERE

1996 GMC Jimmy O2 sensor question

Discussion in 'Chevy/GMC 4x4' started by RootBreaker, Sep 8, 2004.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

Ok my 1996 GMC jimmy gave me codes for o2 sensor. I replaced the one on each side of the Y.. I didnt see the third one.. towards the end of the Y... so I saw it and bought it yesterday.... now when I got home I looked under neath and I saw a fourth... so now I am sure that there are 4 of them. I paid $51.99 + NJ 6% for them.... A friend said he could get them for like $15 each.. when he called his buddy he wanted to know if it was upstream or downstream... I didnt know. Autozone told me that they were all the same.. but this guy said they are different... anyone know why? or have any input?

Thanks

Jeff

2. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

I am a$$uming this is a 4wd 4.3L engine. According to GM all the part #'s are the same for the one that is in the exhaust manifold, before the converter and after the converter

3. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

010 25312200 03.682 SENSOR,HTD OXY (POSN 1) (IN EXHAUST MANIFOLD) (HAS INLINE CONNECTOR) (ACDelco #AFS105) (OEM SENSOR)

010 25312200 03.682 SENSOR,HTD OXY (POSN 1) (IN EXHAUST MANIFOLD) (HAS INLINE CONNECTOR) (ACDelco #AFS105) (OEM SENSOR)

010 25312200 03.682 SENSOR,HTD OXY (POSN 2) (FRT OF CONVERTER) (HAS INLINE CONNECTOR) (ACDelco #AFS105) (OEM SENSOR)

010 25312200 03.682 SENSOR,HTD OXY (POSN 2) (FRT OF CONVERTER) (HAS INLINE CONNECTOR) (ACDelco #AFS105) (OEM SENSOR)

010 25312200 03.682 SENSOR,HTD OXY (POSN 3) (POST

CONVERTER) (HAS INLINE CONNECTOR) (ACDelco #AFS105) (OEM SENSOR)

010 25312200 03.682 SENSOR,HTD OXY (POSN 3) (POST CONVERTER) (HAS INLINE CONNECTOR) (ACDelco #AFS105

4. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

If it is 2wd it is the same, If it is a 2.2L then let me know.

5. GeorgesBlazah

GeorgesBlazah
    Expand Collapse

nah its a 4.3 4wd truck...its a wannabe blazah :D:

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

Yeah your truck is still the top Street Queen here George :kicknuts: :idiot: :slap:

also yeah it is the 4.3 4wd. Thanks for the info... You say before and after the cat... GRRRR I have 4 before... BETTER NOT HAVE ONE AFTER TOO!!!! the parts guy said that at 100k you should replace them all.. of course cuz @ 51.99 each... that is a good penny!!!

7. GeorgesBlazah

GeorgesBlazah
    Expand Collapse

only when its broken :flipoff:

Attached Files:

8. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

You have 6 total!

9. racerop

racerop
    Expand Collapse

DAMN! :shock: SIX????

Jeff, you need to find the other two! :rotfl: :rotfl:

not funny on the price though

:sorry: :flipoff:

10. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

DUDE YOUR KIDDIN RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I found 4 and didnt see any others.....I will check tonight...

11. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

aight just talked to my father... a mechanic... plus his friend... also a mechanic.. they pulled up a book and looked... only 4 oxygen sensors....

now I have an oil leak anyway.. intake gaskets are shot.... also I was told that I have a "Spider" intake... a crappy design from GM... TO which there is a diaphram under the intake and they believe that is the problem... so in a few weeks we will do it as we dont have time right now....

stay tuned...

Jeff

12. Hoss4x4

Hoss4x4
    Expand Collapse

My GM parts book showed me 6. i will look under the service manual to verify

13. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

aight.. I appreciate the help...

to a$$ist you.. I had the following..

one on left side near manifold

one on right side near manifold

one before cat

one after cat

14. RootBreaker

RootBreaker
    Expand Collapse

changed my oil tonight... and fuel filter.. check engine light went out on its own????? I dont see it on and really dont think that the fuel filter fixed it.... GRRRR I HATE SMART TRUCKS!!! THANK GOD or whomever it is up there.. THAT MY TRUCK IS DUMB!!!!