ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
PavementSucks.com ("PavementSucks") values the privacy of its users, members, customers, subscribers, and others who visit and use (collectively or individually, "Members") http://www.pavementsucks.com.
NOTE TO KIDS: PavementSucks is not for persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then we encourage you to visit other web sites -- there are lots of other great web sites for you. Our site caters to users who are over the age of 18, and we caution users under the age of 18 to use parental guidance.
NEVER DISPLAY ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT COULD BE USED TO FIND YOU IN THE REAL, OFF-LINE, WORLD -- for example, your full real name, mailing or home address, or phone numbers.
The Information PavementSucks Collects: (collectively referred to herein as "Member Information")
The Way PavementSucks Uses Information:
- Member-provided Information: You may provide to PavementSucks what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (including but not limited to your name, a PavementSucks user name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information, etc.) when you register as a Member and when you participate in certain activities on PavementSucks. In addition, you may choose to send private messages to other PavementSucks Members or to post certain information to your public "profile" on PavementSucks such as your date of birth, general location, interests, occupation, web site URLs, videos, blogs, IM addresses, and comments.
- "Cookies" Information: When you visit PavementSucks, we may send one or more cookies -- small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters -- to your computer. PavementSucks uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to PavementSucks. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you participate on PavementSucks and, for example, participate in forums, or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include unique "device IDs" (similar to IP addresses), Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after PavementSucks, the pages you view on our site, and the dates and times that you visit PavementSucks.
When PavementSucks Discloses Information:
- When you choose to create a public profile on PavementSucks, you will post, at your option, certain personal information that will be publicly displayed to other Members on PavementSucks.
- PavementSucks uses the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide to you all of the features and services found on PavementSucks. We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes such as sending you account activation and "welcome" emails, notifying you of major PavementSucks updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement issues, or to contact you regarding any PavementSucks activities in which you are presently participating.
- PavementSucks uses your email address to send to you activity emails, newsletters, and, from time to time, notices about special activities, features, or items available on PavementSucks. You may opt-out of receiving such notices by indicating your preferences in the User CP section of PavementSucks.
- PavementSucks uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Members, to improve the way PavementSucks works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- PavementSucks uses "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit PavementSucks; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; © monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any games, sweepstakes, and contests.
- PavementSucks does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- PavementSucks may disclose Automatically Collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or other functionality on PavementSucks.
- PavementSucks may disclose some types of Member Information to certain affiliated companies or other businesses or persons who provide web site hosting, maintenance and security services, fulfill orders, offer certain functionality, help improve our site and create new site features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize only a limited use of such information, and we require these parties to use appropriate confidentiality measures.
- PavementSucks may disclose Member Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. We may make such disclosures, in some cases, without providing Members notice.
- PavementSucks also reserves the right to disclose Member Information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect PavementSucks from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of PavementSucks; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Members or other persons.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with PavementSucks, in which case you will not be able to participate in many PavementSucks activities. You may update, correct, or delete your Member account information and email subscription preferences at any time by going to the Edit Profile section of PavementSucks; provided, however, that upon deletion of your account or profile, please note that some of your personal information, including billing and contact information, may remain in PavementSucks's systems for some limited period of time.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections. HOWEVER, You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites:
PavementSucks does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in. However, please note that if an advertiser asks PavementSucks to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, males age 18 to 25) or audience segment (for example, males age 18 to 25 who have participated in certain community forums) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers or ad networks. PavementSucks's Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites. PavementSucks reserves the right the add or remove third-party ad networks or ad servers in its discretion and PavementSucks may not at all times list such updated ad network or ad server partners in this Privacy Notice.
Currently, PavementSucks has relationships with the following third-party ad servers or ad networks:
You have the option to opt-out of one or more third-party ad networks at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Our Commitment to Data Security:
PavementSucks uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of Member Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of Member Information collected by PavementSucks, and you transmit such information at your own risk. Once we receive your Member Information, PavementSucks makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If PavementSucks learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. PavementSucks may post a notice on PavementSucks if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should contact us.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, PavementSucks does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on PavementSucks from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of PavementSucks is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access PavementSucks at any time or in any manner. If PavementSucks learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on PavementSucks without verifiable parental consent, then PavementSucks will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a PavementSucks account, then you may contact us and request that PavementSucks delete that child's personal information from its systems.
PavementSucks is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that PavementSucks is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from Members as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the "last modified" notice below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of PavementSucks constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified:
PavementSucks Privacy Notice effective as of October 7, 2009
PavementSucks Privacy Notice last modified on August 21, 2012.
PavementSucks Contact Information:
Please contact PavementSucks with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices via our online contact form, or by standard mail at PavementSucks.com, 30800 Telegraph Road, Suite 4805, Bingham Farms, MI 48025. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.