Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whiplash Suspension
04-05-2002, 05:47 PM

Well, on my new truck i was hoping to have the 10" System installed on a Silverado 1500, i have heard good and bad things, im stuck in the middle, has anyone had any first hand experiece with the lifts, the kits look really nice, but i have no idea, thanks again.

-=DixieDodge=-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2002, 06:02 PM

I have had no personal experience with the company but i have heard nothing but very bad things not only about the quality of thier parts and thier lift methods, but also some legal issues with the company its self. Of course, like i said i have no experience with them so i am not really sure but i basically heard nothing but stay away from them.
04-06-2002, 01:17 AM

im in the same boat as joe. heard nothing but bad things and would encourage everyone i talk to to stay away from their kits. it would only tear up your truck. just do a 6" suspension and 3" body and youll be pretty much at the same height as that whiplash kit. ya the trucks do look good and all but thats all they are good for, looks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2002, 05:54 PM

Whiplash is toast. They've even taken their web site off line and are all but in jail from what I've heard, but all is not lost. Hill 4wheel Drive is the place to go, they have a 9.5 inch lift that is ballsey. Go to http://www.hill4wheeldrive.com and nose around a bit...I think you'll like what you find.

Sniper
04-21-2002, 09:40 PM

actually sniper i just found their site the other day. they are still up and running and making $hitty lift kits for people who like to tear up the trucks.
04-21-2002, 09:58 PM

For that paticular lift they use a drop down cradle for the front differential and use 5" blocks in the rear. You can probably notice that nobody on this forum has anything good to say about whiplash and its for good reason.

2001 Ram quad cab 4x4 SLT, Heavy duty service group, 5\" SJ suspension lift, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 pro comp MT\'s, 15x10 AR 767\'s, Flowmaster 40 series K&N, Jet chip stage 1,
04-22-2002, 12:12 AM

From everything Ive learned about whiplash, you should change the topic from "Whiplash Suspension" to "Whiplash Suspension Sucks" 5" block......killer. lol

BBWMDDR
<BR>
<BR>Are you DUMB, or are you MEXICAN?
<BR>
<BR>1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD 5.9, QuadCab LongBed 14\" Suspension, 3\"Body, 39.5\'s & 5.13\'s, 44\'s Shortly...
04-22-2002, 12:45 AM

I was interested in that 9.5" kit that hill 4 wheel drive has as well, Its actually made by full throttle suspension. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. The only info i can find is at hill 4wd, and at full throttle itself.
04-22-2002, 10:00 AM

their is a shop around here (houston TX) that does a lot of full throttle suspension lifts and he likes em a lot. ive asked him about a big lift like that with 39s and said it wouldnt tear up as long as you take care of it. which to me means get ready to buy parts every now and again
04-22-2002, 10:36 AM

I'm pretty sure that Full Throttle suspension is the sister company to Whiplash suspension, so I would assume their products are the same...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Whiplash lift kits????? smokd 6 3,149 02-25-2007 09:04 AM
Last Post: 1Truck2NV
  Whiplash Suspension Xtreme series 14" lift ecrads 4 6,308 05-25-2006 09:54 AM
Last Post: toytruggy
  what about a whiplash lift ??? mudslinger7718 19 1,135 10-24-2004 07:17 PM
Last Post: outalne94z71
  Whiplash Leaf Springs Vizual Diztractionz 30 1,624 04-01-2003 03:48 PM
Last Post: Vizual Diztractionz