Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Help with code P1757
01-29-2007, 07:28 AM

On the way to work this morning, truck throw the code p1757. Looked it up in my obd and it said gov. pressure sensor/solenid not on target 15-20 psi.

I searched on here but got nothing, I put the code in on google and got one response on durangos but that lead me no where either.

Anybody have experience with this code? Is this sensor/solenid internal or external? And can I replace it myself? For awhile now Ive known I have a torque convertor problem but no codes appeared. 2nd and 3rd slip occasionally and can't the tranny can't decide which gear it wants to use. I figured it was time for a rebuild or junkyard tranny to hold me over. Could this sensor/solenid be causing those problems?

any help would be greatly appreaciated.

"Andrew"
2000 Dodge Ram QC Sport
3" Skyjacker
34" Nitto Grapplers on Series 51 Crawlers
MagnaFlow Cat
Flowmaster 40 Muffler
HyperTech PPIII
HD Steering
Borgenson Steering Shaft

1997 Jeep Cherokee - Bone Stock for now
"No Fat Chicks, Truck Will Scrap"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2007, 04:00 PM

THe soilenoid is on the bottom of the valve body, so you need to remove the trans an to get to it. There are some other problems that can cause this code as well (besides a bad solenoid) however.

2000 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4x4 5.9/auto<BR>Skyjacker 5 inch control arms - Thurenfab track bar - Superlift 5.5 inch coils/4.5 inch(?) leaves - PA 3 inch body lift - Precision Gear 4.56s with rear posi - 36x13.50x15 Super Swamper IROK Radials on 15x10 black steelies with fake beadlocks - Superlift true-speed - dumped 10-series Flowmaster - Thurenfab Steering - Custom roll bar with 5 Pro-Comp lights - Lots of stereo [censored]
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2007, 01:01 PM

I would say possibly 3 different things off the top of my head. My trans started slipping and I replace the gov press and the switch, along with a TPS. The TPS could also be bad and sending the wrong Voltage signals to the trans causign pressure to be wrong
02-01-2007, 02:08 PM

I had to replace this part a couple months ago. If I remember right, it controls your torque converter locking in and out. The only place to get it is the dealershit and it costs about $100.
01-18-2010, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 12:18 PM by "Highlander".)
RE: Code P1757
(01-29-2007 07:28 AM)JackedUp Wrote:  On the way to work this morning, truck throw the code p1757. Looked it up in my obd and it said gov. pressure sensor/solenid not on target 15-20 psi.

I searched on here but got nothing, I put the code in on google and got one response on durangos but that lead me no where either.

Anybody have experience with this code? Is this sensor/solenid internal or external? And can I replace it myself? For awhile now Ive known I have a torque convertor problem but no codes appeared. 2nd and 3rd slip occasionally and can't the tranny can't decide which gear it wants to use. I figured it was time for a rebuild or junkyard tranny to hold me over. Could this sensor/solenid be causing those problems?

any help would be greatly appreaciated.

I have the same code, checked the code book at a transmission shop. It says pressure selniod or pressure regulator switch inop or possible low fluid, or mech. failture... Dodge has a rebuilt kit for their pressure selnoid which is crap, they now are using a GM pressure selnoid and switch for the Dodge 48RE tranny. they have a complete rebuilt kit that includes both the switch and selnoid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Engine light - Code 42- Auto Shutdown Relay. code 41 added Otis 2 969 07-14-2005 12:48 AM
Last Post: Otis
  Dodge Ram 5.9 Diagnostic Error P1757 BKAST 3 6,913 12-28-2003 07:57 AM
Last Post: BR