I am in the process of designing something to go in the bed of a truck, but I need to get some measurements from a few different trucks new and old. I dont know anything about Fords so I dont know when they had model or body style changes or any of that. Mostly what I need is the bed measurements, and what model, cab type, and year the truck is. Here is what I need: (for f-150, super dutys, and old full size pre 1980)
1) Bed length in inches (not including a flat tailgate)
2) Bed width in inches in front and behind the wheel wells on the floor of the bed not suspended above it
3) bed width between the wheel wells again on the floor of the bed
4) distance from the end (tailgate start) of the bed to the wheel well
5) The heigth to the bottom of the bed rail from the floor in inches
6) the heigth to the bottom of the bed rail in inches from the high point on top of the wheel well
7) year , model, cab type, swb or lwb,
I appreciate anyone who can get these numbers for me. Like I said I would like them from a number of different year models, especially when there were body or model changes or introductions. If anybody knows when there were body style changes or like model introductory years that info would be great also. Anyway Thanks for your help.
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation: 0 User Albums: 2 Garage: 3
here's what i got for ya man:
1) 96" total bed length (not including tailgate)
2) 63" in front of wheel well
64" behind wheel well
3) 48 1/2" between wheel wells
4) 28" from tailgate to back of wheel well
60" from tailgate to front of wheel well
5) 17 1/2" from floor to bottom of bed rail
6) 7 1/2" from top of wheel well to bottom of bed rail.
7) The truck is a '96 (last year for that style i think) F-150 4x4 with a 351, regular cab, long bed, long wheel base. I also have a tool box in the bed and it is 24" from front to back. I also have the plastic bedliner still in there.
I dont need just new truck measurements. I need some from as broad a year range and vehicle model as possible. So yes, I would like to get the ranger measurements. I thought about the dealer but that might look a bit weird walking around the lot with atape measure and they tend to arrest you if you do it after hours in the middle of the night.